NWI December 2019 Trainings – Healthy Relationships Training of Trainers
December 4, 2019 - December 6, 2019
San Diego, CA
Our Vision: Through the gifts of our ancestors . . . Prayer, Song, Ceremony, Language, and Courage . . . Native people will live in Balance and Wellness, ensuring a rich cultural legacy for our future generations.
(Training Class) “Healthy Relationships Training of Trainers” Fee $495
Bahia Resort Hotel
Contact: Shannon Kissinger, Native Wellness Institute, 503-457-6520, [email protected]
About the Training
The Leading the Next Generations Healthy Relationships Curriculum is an innovative tool founded in Native culture and teachings. The Native Wellness Institute developed it specifically for Native couples, people, and communities.
Healthy couples raise healthy children who will, in turn, rebuild the foundation for healthier Native communities. The Healthy Relationships Curriculum and training combines the teachings of our Native ancestors with the realities of today’s world. Using the curriculum can lead to balance of the mind, body, and spirit by creating and strengthening healthier relationships with partners, families, and communities.
The Native Wellness Institutes focus on culturally-based healthy relationship education and promotion makes the Healthy Relationships Curriculum the leader in Indian Country. Imagine tribal communities supporting positive, healthy relationships and having access to information, role models, mentors, training and resources to build healthier relationships and families. This is the goal of the Leading the Next Generations Healthy Relationships Curriculum.
- Introduction: Healthy relationships and Native wellness
- Historical Trauma, Healing & Wellness: Growing beyond multi-generational impacts of historical trauma
- Healthy Gender Roles: Recognizing the strengths in gender differences
- Healthy Conflict Resolution: Practicing healthy ways to resolve conflict in relationships
- Healthy Communication: Improving current communication skills
- Creating Healthy Relationships: Bringing two people closer together as a couple
- Healthy Sexuality: Discovering healthy intimacy
- Living in Balance: Creating the relationship you want
Who Should Attend
The Bahia Resort Hotel: 998 West Mission Bay Drive, San Diego, CA
Submitted by PowWow Calendar on: October 9, 2019